The Missouri Department of Natural Resources grants sub-awards to assist regional public comprehensive planning organizations and interstate organizations in carrying out water quality management planning. When funds are available, a project solicitation request specifying project scope, length and available funds will be advertised. There is no match requirement.
Who Can Apply
Regional Planning Commissions and Regional Councils of Government within the state are eligible to apply for this funding. Names and locations can be found at the Missouri Regional Planning Commissions and Councils of Government webpage.
Eligible Projects and Costs
The department prioritized the use of 604(b) grant funds toward projects that support a number of planning activities, including the following:
- Identifying nonpoint sources of water pollution
- Developing or implementing all or part of a Source Water Protection Plan
- Assisting with Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) compliance through technical assistance
- Implementing stormwater management programs by assisting with data collection and record-keeping, as well as developing policies and procedures, developing a vulnerability assessment and resiliency plan for stormwater and floodplain management, assessing water quality in an at-risk watershed, studying possibilities for wastewater treatment facility consolidation or regionalization, and updating an outdated Section 208 Water Quality Management Plan
Sub-awards shall be a minimum of $25,000, with a maximum of $50,000. Projects may be up to two years in length.
How To Apply
Proposal requirements are outlined in the Request for Proposals document. Applicants must submit their application and support documentation through the Department's online Funding Opportunities Portal.
- Request for Proposal
- Funding Opportunities Portal
- Financial Assistance Report Instructions - for guidance on establishing access and using the funding portal.
- Attachment B - Federal Financial Assistance Agreements General Terms and Conditions
- Attachment C - Federal Subgrants Special Terms and Conditions
- Attachment D - Subrecipient Informational Form
- Attachment E - Business Entity Certification, Enrollment Documentation and Affidavit of Work Authorization
- Attachment F - Applicant Questionnaire
- Attachment G - Vendor Input/ACH-EFT Application
Deadline To Apply
Solicitation is closed for this sub-award at this time.
Assistance and Information
Applicants may call 573-751-1192 with any questions regarding this sub-award between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. For questions or issues regarding the online submission please call 573-751-2994.