Missouri Sunshine Law: Chapter 610 RSMo states that records of public governmental bodies are open to the public unless otherwise provided by law. For more information about Missouri's Sunshine Law, please visit the Missouri Attorney General’s Office Sunshine Law webpage.
Submit an Open Records Request
Due to the high volume of requests, open records requests are taking longer to complete than expected. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Custodian of Record by telephone at 573-751-9857 or email at email@example.com.
You can submit an Open Records Request either online through the department's Public Records Center system, or by mail to the following address:
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Attn: Custodian of Record
PO Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Please include the following information with your records request:
- Your name (and organization name, if applicable), and contact information, including: mailing address, phone and email
- Whether you are interested in reviewing the records in person, or receiving paper or electronic copies
- The amount you are willing to pay for production costs, or if you would like an estimate of production costs beyond a certain amount
- Identifying information related to your records request, such as facility name, company address, permit number, etc.
- A list or description of the specific information you are requesting
- Any information you provide to the department may be subject to disclosure upon request. If you have not been contacted by the department within three business days, contact the Custodian of Record to confirm receipt
The department may invoice requesters to recover costs incurred in fulfilling records requests. This includes staff research, review and/or duplication time, as well a material costs, at the rates listed below.
- Clerical staff time (hourly rate) - $15
- Technical staff time (hourly rate) - $15
- Paper copies (less than 9 by 14 inches) - $0.10 per page
- Enlarger/printer copies from microfilm originals - $1
- Printer/plotters from digital files or paper copy (oversize copies) - $3 per sheet
- Microfilm/microfiche from original or diazo microfilm - $2
- 100’ roll silver microfilm (16mm or 35mm) - $30
- CD ROM - $3 per CD
Fee Waiver: Records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge if the requested information is likely to contribute to public understanding or benefit the general public and is not primarily for the commercial interest of the requester.