Missouri Home Energy Certification (MHEC) encourages Missourians to reduce energy usage by making improvements or upgrades to their homes. MHEC is designed to promote energy efficient homes through clear and meaningful recognition. It is intended to help homeowners convey the invested value of the energy efficient features of their home to potential buyers. The criteria for recognition have been determined by using nationally recognized home energy assessment tools. Among them are the Home Energy Score (HEScore), Home Energy Rating System (HERS), ENERGY STAR®, Pearl Certification and the International Energy Conservation Code.
Applications may be submitted through the Green Building Registry® and must be submitted by a Certified Home Energy Auditor (HEA) currently certified by the department's Division of Energy.
- Missouri Home Energy Certification Webinar, Aug. 3, 2015
- Missouri Home Energy Certification Program Guidelines - PUB3050
- Missouri Home Energy Certification Program - Frequently Asked Questions for Homeowners - PUB2879
- Missouri Home Energy Certification Program - Frequently Asked Questions for Auditors - PUB2880
- Renew Missouri Homes - Pearl
- Sample of Gold Certificate
- Sample of Silver Certificate