Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Missouri Advisory Council Meetings
The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation plays a key role in preserving Missouri's cultural heritage. Both the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 as amended and the Missouri Revised Statutes require that nominations to the National Register of Historic Places be reviewed by a board of governor appointed citizens. By state law, Missouri's Advisory Council consists of architects, historians, archaeologists, and interested laypersons.
The Missouri Advisory Council meets four times per year to review the final drafts of National Register nominations submitted to the State Historic Preservation Office. All meetings are open to the public and links to the draft nominations are posted to this site in advance of the meeting. Meeting start time may be changed to 9 a.m. accomodate a heavier agenda if need be.
The following meetings have been scheduled:
- CANCELLED - Friday, Nov. 9, 2018 at 10 a.m. - Lewis and Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
- Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 at 10 a.m. - Lewis and Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
- Friday, May 17, 2019 at 10 a.m. - Lewis and Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
- Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 at 10 a.m. - Lewis and Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
- Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 at 10 a.m. - Lewis and Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
After each Missouri Advisory Council meeting the Council's decisions will be posted.
People with disabilities requiring special services or accommodations to attend a meeting can make arrangements by calling the Department of Natural Resources at 800-379-2419. People also may write the Department of Natural Resources, State Historic Preservation Office, P.O. Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
Members of the Missouri Advisory Council
Current council members are:
St. Louis, MO
Martha "Kacky" Daugherty
Cape Girardeau, MO
Thomas O. Kuypers
1005 Jefferson St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Appleton City, St. Clair County
Allen R. Shirley
Daniel A. Statler
Mary Margaret "Mimi" Stiritz
Dr. Robert Wiegers
Central Methodist College
411 CMC Square
Fayette, MO 65248
460 State Route O
Fayette, MO 65248
Dwight E. Wyatt
560 Magoffin Rd.
Oakville, MO 63129-3743