Well Installation Board
Section 256.605 creates the nine member Well Installation Board. The board adopts and amends rules and regulations pursuant to Chapter 536, RSMo, to govern the regulation of the well, heat pump, monitoring well, and pump installation industry in Missouri, to establish standards that will protect Missouri's groundwater, and to establish fees to administer the law.
Two of the members must have a well installation contractor permit, one must have both a heat pump installation contractor and a well installation contractor permit, and one must have a monitoring well installation contractor permit. Four shall be public members; one shall be a public water supply district user; and one shall be a private well user. The director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources or his/her designee shall serve as the ninth member. Members are appointed to the board by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
For more information about the Well Installation Board or meetings, please contact the Missouri Geological Survey at 573-368-2100.
Well Installation Board Members
- Danny Flynn, Board Chairman, Well Installation Contractor, Troy
- Robert Broz, Board Vice Chairman, Public Member, Columbia
- Joe Gillman, Missouri Geological Survey Director and State Geologist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla
- M. Sharlene Morgan, Public Member, Rolla
- Lindell Lindsey, Well Installation Contractor, Festus
- Neal Farrar, Monitoring Well Installation Contractor, Springfield
- Vacant, Heat Pump Installation Contractor
- Vacant, Private Well User
- Vacant, Public Water Supply User
Well Installation Board Meetings
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held beginning at 10 a.m. in the Missouri Geological Survey's Mozarkite Room, 1251 Gale Drive, Rolla.
- Friday, Aug. 14, 2020 - via teleconference due to recent concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19
Agenda | Draft Minutes | Petroleum Storage Tank Insurance Fund Presentation | Sustainability of the Groundwater Protection Fund (continued)
How to participate in the meeting:
Join by phone
1-650-479-3207Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Join from a video system or application
You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-650-479-3207,,1332506759##Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Minutes taken at Well Installation Board meetings are not verbatim records of the meeting. Consequently, the minutes are not intended to be recorded transcriptions.
Past Meeting Information
- Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 - meeting cancelled due to a light agenda
- Friday, Sept. 6, 2019
Agenda | Minutes | Fund Update Presentation
- Friday, May 17, 2019
Agenda| Minutes | Mr. Chris Schaefer | Mr. Jacob Freeman
- Monday, Feb. 18, 2019 (In conjunction with the Missouri Water Well Association Convention)
Agenda | Minutes
- Friday, Nov. 2, 2018
Agenda | Minutes | Red Tape Reduction Initiative
- Friday, Sept. 7, 2018 - (Public Hearing only)
- Friday, Aug. 17, 2018
Agenda | Minutes | 10c23-5.070 order of rulemaking rescission | Fund Update Presentation
- Friday, May 18, 2018 - Meeting was cancelled due to light agenda.
- April 24, 2018, special teleconference meeting
Agenda | Minutes | Order of Rulemaking Approval | 10c23-1.020 current language | 10c23-1.020 final order rescission language | 10c23-3.025 current language | 10c23-3.025 final order rescission language
- March 2, 2018
Agenda | Minutes
For information about previous meetings, please contact our office at 573-368-2100.
Are you interested in serving on the Well Installation Board or another DNR Board or Commission?
Department Boards and Commissions
A listing of all Department events and meetings along with the dates, times and locations is available on the DNR online calendar.