The department is charged with the protection of groundwater. This is accomplished through the regulation of the construction and plugging of several well types and the permitting of well installation contractors.
- Abandoned Wells: Locating, Plugging and Reporting - PUB2900
- Missouri Well Construction Rules Chapter 3, 10 CSR 23-3.090
- Water Well Driller's Act - sections 256.600 to 256.640 RSMo
- Search for well or pump installation contractors
- Disaster Resources
- Forms and Applications - search tool
- Documents - search tool