The former Kansas City Quartermaster Depot, also known as the Kansas City Record Center and Hardesty Federal Complex, is located at 607 Hardesty Ave., east of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The 22-acre depot was established in 1940, at the start of World War II, and remained in operation until 1953. The U.S. Army used the depot to receive and store protective and impermeable clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning supplies, inks, lithographic chemicals, petroleum products and petroleum handling equipment. The Army also used the depot to reclaim petroleum containers and treat clothing to make them resistant to chemicals, such as mustard gas.
Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Role
The department's Federal Facilities Section provides state oversight for the environmental investigation and cleanup of this site. Department staff also coordinate with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and other state programs when appropriate.
- MoDNR Project Manager: 573-751-3907
- GSA Project Manager: 816-823-2134