Both the department and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are responsible for regulating and overseeing various activities at facilities that treat, store or dispose hazardous waste in Missouri. For information about facilities that generate or store hazardous waste for less than 90 days, visit the department's Hazardous Waste Generator Lists webpage. For information about companies that only transport hazardous waste, visit the department's Hazardous Waste and Infectious Waste Transporters webpage. For information about investigation or cleanup activities at uncontrolled or abandoned hazardous waste contaminated sites, visit the department's Superfund webpage. The information here pertains to the following hazardous waste facilities:
- Operating facilities that actively treat, store (for more than 90 days) or dispose hazardous waste
- Facilities that stopped managing hazardous waste and are closing those operations
- Facilities where closure activities are complete in a specific area of the property, but oversight is needed for monitoring and maintenance activities (post-closure activities) in areas where hazardous waste remained in place after closure, such as hazardous waste landfills or surface impoundments
- Facilities where investigation or cleanup activities (corrective action) are being performed for hazardous waste releases resulting from present or past hazardous waste handling practices
- Facilities where investigation and cleanup activities are complete, but oversight is needed to make sure any required activity or use limitations placed on the property are followed (long-term stewardship)
Listed below are facilities that currently treat, store (for more than 90 days) or dispose hazardous waste in Missouri, or did so in the past, and the department is providing oversight for any of the activities listed above. You can “click” on the facility’s name for more information about the facility and the hazardous waste permits, administrative orders, court orders or other regulatory agreement(s) the facility is regulated under. These facilities are also included in the department's Environmental Site Tracking and Research Tool (E-Start) interactive map, which allows users to access information about site investigations and cleanups, as well as certain regulated sites within a specific community or area. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Envirofacts database includes similar information, but for facilities EPA is providing oversight and facilities that no longer require oversight. Envirofacts provides information about environmental activities that may affect air, water or land anywhere in the United States.
*To reset the table, remove all text from the filter fields below and click on Apply at the bottom of the filter choices.
|Facility||EPA ID||Facility Physical Address|
|3M Company – Columbia||MOD054950670||
5400 N. Route B
|3M Company – Nevada||MOD057894321||
2120 E. Austin Blvd.
|AGCO MFG Group||MOD029796331||
627 S. Cottage St.
|AK Steel Corp. (former)||MOD007118029||
7000 Winner Road
24732 Randall Road
|Alstom Signaling Operations LLC||MOD000298398||
2712 S. Dillingham Road
|B H S Inc.||MOD068521228||
1251 Muenz Road
1500-2012 E. Bannister Road
|BASF Corp. Hannibal Plant||MOD050226075||
315 Highway JJ
|Bayer CropScience LP||MOD056389828||
8400 Hawthorn Road