The department provides technical support by performing water supply analyses, in-stream flow assessments and floodplain studies. The surface water section also administers the collection and analysis of statewide water use data in accordance with the Major Water User Law.
- National Weather Service River Observations and Forecasts – this site provides a comprehensive view of current river stage and forecasts for nearly the entire state of Missouri.
- Streamgages – the department partners with USGS to operate a network of streamgages in Missouri that provide current conditions of Missouri’s streamflow.
- Current Lake Observations
- Reservoir Water Supply Studies
- Publications about water resources in Missouri
- Drought Conditions and Resources
- Drought Plan
- Drought of 2012– Final Report
- Various Water Studies
- RESOP Reports