School Bus Category is Closed
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources exhausted the funding for this category, and will not have another application period.
Previously, all school bus fleet owners could apply for replacing up to three buses on an application, plus as many as two more buses if applying for new alternative fuel or all-electric buses.
The department funded school bus replacement projects for both financially disadvantaged schools and all other school districts.
- Volkswagen Trust School Bus and DERA Webinar, Sept. 21, 2021: Video Recording-Part 1, Video Recording-Part 2
In limited circumstances, the department may grant a waiver to Missouri’s VW Trust Program Requirements. To qualify, the applicant must provide the following information:
- The applicant must identify the program requirement for which the waiver is being requested
- The applicant must document the reason for the waiver request
- If the applicant is requesting a waiver of a deadline, the applicant must propose a timeline for compliance
- Notification of the waiver will be provided by email to the person and email address specified by the requester
- The applicant must acknowledge that the department cannot, under any circumstances, waive any provisions of the Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Environmental Mitigation Trust. If uncertain, we highly encourage you to reach out to us to determine if a waiver is possible for your particular circumstances.
Example reason for waiver:
- An entity is unable to disable their vehicle within the 60-day allowed period after delivery of the new vehicle and requests a two-week extension. Reasons for the extension have included delays with licensing the new vehicle, weather delays at the metal recycling operation for disabling the old vehicle, complications related to COVID quarantine requirements, etc.
By issuing a waiver, the department is waiving penalty assessments based on the conditions of the waiver. The waiver shall not prevent any subsequent enforcement of other program requirements or be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of any program requirements.