The Scrap Tire Advisory Group consists of state legislators, tire industry representatives and the general public. Other representatives include the following Missouri state agencies: Department of Transportation, Department of Economic Development, Department of Conservation, State Fire Marshall's Office, Environmental Improvement and Energy Resources Authority and Office of Administration.
- Evaluate the focus and accomplishments of current Scrap Tire Management and make recommendations for legislative, rule or procedural changes to the department
- Assist the department in establishing eligibility requirements and application priorities for a Scrap Tire Grant Program (review annually)
- Recommend future workgroup members to fill vacancies
- Serve as the scoping group for all scrap tire rulemakings
- Invite other people from other areas of the scrap tire industry as necessary to present other needed perspectives regarding specific topics