Missouri solid waste disposal areas and solid waste processing facilities designated by rule, must be operated under the direction of a certified solid waste technician. The department's Waste Management Program administers the certification program and provides classes and other opportunities to help you stay up-to-date on your certification.
The department reduced the frequency of the Solid Waste Technician Certification Course to once per year. Registration and exact course dates will be posted here when they become available. For more information or questions, contact the Waste Management Program at email@example.com.
Registration is now open for the next Solid Waste Technician Certification Course, which will be held Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023, from 8 am to 5 pm. This is an online course using Webex. A strong internet connection is required. Individuals obtaining a new certification must also complete an online certification test, which will open Jan. 19, 2023, at 9 am. Please register for both the course and the exam, using the registration link below.
This course will satisfy recertification hours for individuals with a non-expired certification. Note: If your certification expires between now and June 2023, and you do not have additional training planned that can be used for recertification, it is recommended that you attend this course to prevent your certification from expiring.
NOTICE: This course may be subject to audio and video recording.
- Registration: Solid Waste Technician Certification Course and Exam
- Course Link: 2456 988 8119, password: ZmMGxt6WD33
- Test Link: *The test link will not be accessible until Jan. 19, 2023, at 9 am
Current certification holders must earn 10 hours of approved training before their certification expiration date. Course options include:
- The Solid Waste Technician Certification Course presented by the department. The class meets once a year for the number of hours required for recertification.
- Courses or trainings in the solid waste field.
- Attending educational sessions on solid waste-related topics in the annual Missouri Waste Control Coalition Conference.
Regardless of which method you choose to acquire your recertification credit hours, you must accrue at least 10 hours of classes or training before your three-year certificate expires to be recertified. The department's Waste Management Program must approve training or class subjects in order for you to apply them towards recertification. Submit documentation to the department's Waste Management Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.