To safely and effectively manage the deer population in some state parks, managed hunts are held in a coordinated effort between the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Division of State Parks and the Missouri Department of Conservation. For everyone’s safety, the following parks will be temporarily closed on the specified dates listed below.
- Crowder State Park - Nov. 3-6
- Locust Creek Covered Bridge State Historic Site - Dec. 2-3
- Mark Twain State Park - Nov. 3-6
- Pershing State Park - Dec. 2-3
- St. Francois State Park - Dec. 1-3
- Thousand Hills State Park - Dec. 1-4
Before heading to a Missouri state park, be sure to check the Park and Site Status Map at mostateparks.com for any temporary closures that may impact your visit.
For more information on state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.