JEFFERSON CITY, MO, MARCH 10, 2023 – Join Thousand Hills State Park team members, Truman State University faculty and the Adair County Public Library for stargazing programs throughout the year. Telescopes will be set up, but the public is invited to bring their own telescopes, chairs and binoculars.
Weather permitting, event dates, times and locations are as follows:
- Constellation Tales: 7-9 p.m. Saturday, March 25, at Point Shelter
- Stars Up, Lights Down: 8-10 p.m., Thursday, April 20, at Point Shelter
- Night Sky Stories: 8-10 p.m., Friday, May 26, at Beach Parking Lot
- Solar Viewing: 11 a.m.: 1 p.m., Saturday, July 8, at Point Shelter
- Nighttime Stargazing: 9-11 p.m., Saturday, July 8, at Point Shelter
- Eyes on the Sky: 7:30-9:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 1, at Point Shelter
- Constellation Stories: 7-9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 6, at Beach Parking Lot
- Spooktacular Stargazing: 6-8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 28, at Point Shelter
Stargazing events will be held at Thousand Hills State Park, 20431 State Highway 157 in Kirksville. For more information, call 660-665-6995 or watch the Thousand Hills State Park Facebook page for cancellations, location changes and other park information.
For more information on state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.