JEFFERSON CITY, MO, SEPT. 17, 2022 – Guided fall hikes will be held at Crowder State Park during the month of October. Pick your favorite trail and join park team members to learn more about the park. Events are as follows:
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1 - Meet at the equestrian parking lot for a guided hike on North Thompson Trail. This 3.8-mile loop allows visitors to pass the Thompson Cemetery, the Thompson House and the Thompson River. The equestrian parking lot can be reached by traveling west on Highway 146 for 1.3 miles from the park entrance. Turn right (north onto Northwest 52nd Avenue). Travel 2.1 miles and turn right (east) onto Dove Lane. Dove Lane ends in the equestrian parking lot.
- 4 p.m. Sunday Oct. 2 – Meet at the campground amphitheater for a guided hike on Tall Oaks Trail.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8 – Meet at the Shelter 3 parking lot for a guided hike on Tall Oaks Trail. This 3.2-mile loop travels through a mature woodland, a mesic bottomland forest, along the shoreline of Crowder Lake and through an old field. The Shelter 3 parking lot is on Highway 127 (the main park road) just before the intersection of the campground and group camp roads.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15 – Join park team members at the lake parking lot for a guided hike on River Forks Trail. This 2-mile loop allows hikers to travel hilly terrain through a woodland of loess and glacial till soils. The lake parking lot can be reached by entering the park on Highway 128 and turning right at the tennis court. Follow the lake road to the parking lot at the end, near the dam.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 – Meet at the campground amphitheater for a guided hike on South Thompson Trail. This 7-mile hike will allow visitors to travel on a portion of Tall Oak Trail, Connector 2, Connector 3 and a portion of South Thompson Trail. The campground amphitheater is on the west side of the campground.
- 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 – Meet at the campground amphitheater for a guided hike on Redbud Trail.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 29 – Meet at the tennis court parking lot for a guided hike on Redbud Trail. This 2-mile hike allows visitors to travel into an area of the park similar to the Ozark highlands of Southern Missouri. The tennis court parking lot is along Highway 128 (the main park road) just before the lake.
Crowder State Park is located at 76 NW Highway 128 in Trenton. For more information, call 660-359-6473.
For more information on Missouri state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.