JEFFERSON CITY, MO, OCT. 11, 2022 – Experience a weekend full of autumn fun at Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park Oct. 29-30. Team members are excited to announce the events for the park’s fifth annual fall festival.
Fall festival schedule:
Saturday, Oct. 29
- 10 a.m. – Nature Stroll. Join an interpreter for a stroll through the woods and enjoy the scenery the park has to offer. Guests should meet at the Alta Shelter parking lot. The hike will take participants along Hawthorn Trail and pass through one of Missouri’s prized natural features, a dolomite glade.
- 2 p.m. – Slither Me Timbers! Slither on over to the visitor center to meet one of the park’s resident snakes. Learn about snakes and how they are beneficial to people.
- 4-8 p.m. – Howl-oween. Are you looking for a place to trick-or-treat? Stop by the park’s visitor center for fun activities and learn about things in Missouri that make people howl with delight: campfires, s’mores, animal interactions, but most of all…candy!
- 7 p.m. – Camper Decoration Contest. Any camper who wants to participate in the Halloween decorating contest will be rated by a panel of judges, with the winner announced later that night.
Sunday, Oct. 30
- 10 a.m. – Mammal Mania. Join an interpreter in the visitor center to learn more about Missouri’s fuzzy critters.
Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park is located at 800 Guy Park Drive in Wildwood, west of St. Louis. For more information, please call 636-458-3813.
For more information on state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.