JEFFERSON CITY, MO, AUG. 31, 2022 – Make your reservations now for the 2022 Dutch oven cooking contest weekend! Join other campers at Crowder State Park for some friendly competition. Campers should register for the contest by Saturday, Sept.17 at 10 a.m. by emailing email@example.com.
Contestants need to provide the following information: campsite number, name, youth or adult entry and contest category, which includes main meal, chili or soup, dessert, bread. Awards will also be given for judge’s favorite and fan favorite.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday, Sept. 16
- 3 p.m. – Check into your reserved campsite. Dust off your Dutch ovens and check your supplies for your favorite Dutch oven recipes.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Take a stroll through the campground to see and smell what everyone is making. Trade hints, ideas and recipes with your fellow campers. Drop you entry for the fan favorite in the box located outside the check station trailer.
- 4-5 p.m. – Two judges will begin tasting the entries.
- 6:30 p.m. – Contest winners will be announced at the campground amphitheater.
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Pack up and head for home with new recipes to try at your next campout.
The program takes place at Crowder State Park at 76 NW Highway 128 in Trenton. For more information, call 660-359-6473.
For more information on state parks and historic sites, visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.