Allocation Procedure for the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule
Missouri maintains state implementation plans (SIPs) to allow the state to reallocate emission allowances for the control periods starting in 2017. The Environmental Protection Agency has approved these plans. The allowances pertain to the CSAPR trading programs for NOx annual and SO2 annual group 1. The allocation methods for these two programs are codified in State rules 10 CSR 10-6.372 and 10 CSR 10-6.376.
These rules require the department's Air Pollution Control Program to submit allowance allocations under these two programs every year to EPA. This webpage provides the required notifications and objection periods for the air program’s allowance allocation submissions.
Procedures for Allocation of CSAPR NOx and SO2 Annual Units
Allocation of Existing Units
- Public notification of identified non-operating units (Updated May 2, 2022)
- Facilities can submit objections to units that the state lists as non-operating during the last two control periods. Send an email to email@example.com by April 1 of the current year to submit objections.
- Public notification of state’s response to objections for identified non-operating units (Updated March 8, 2022) Currently, the department has not received any objections. If the department receives objections, we will post responses on this website.
- State submittal of existing unit allocations to EPA (Updated Jan. 24, 2022)
- EPA records the state submitted existing unit allocations for future year(s).
Allocation of New Units
- Facilities with future new units, which started operating in the last 15 months, must submit information to identify such units along with their calculations for eligible allowances. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 5 of the current year to submit new units.
Right click to download the Excel file (Updated March 15, 2022)
- Facilities can submit objections to all new unit set-aside allowances. Send an email to email@example.com submit objections no later than 15 days after the department posts its list of new unit set-asides.
- Public notification of state’s response to objections for new unit set-asides (Updated March 15, 2022) Currently, the department has not received any objections. If the department receives objections, we will post responses to them.
- State submittal of new unit allocations to EPA (Updated Jan. 24, 2022)
- EPA records the state submitted new unit set-aside allowances for the current year.
For questions, contact Aaron Basham at 573-751-4817.