The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) provides data on total annual energy expenditures and retail electricity sales revenue. Several of these data sets are provided below. Comparisons of retail electricity sales revenue by sector and year should be undertaken carefully when using data from EIA because of changes in electricity customer classifications. Review Electric Power Monthly Technical Notes PFM Update Appendix C and Electric Power Annual Technical Notes Appendix. In addition, caution should be exercised when comparing electricity retail sales revenue by state because of factors such as deregulated versus regulated market structures.
For more information, please visit EIA’s State Energy Data System and Electricity webpages.
- Total energy expenditure estimates by end-use sector, annual
- Revenue from retail sales of electricity by sector, annual
- Petroleum product expenditures in the transportation sector, annual
- Total energy expenditure per capita estimates, annual
- Total energy expenditure estimates per current dollar of gross domestic product, annual