JEFFERSON CITY, MO, DEC. 9, 2020 - The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has announced the winners of the 2021 Missouri DNR Photo Contest.
Each year, the department asks amateur photographers to get outside and capture the beauty of Missouri’s natural resources and enter their favorite photos in the annual photo contest. Entries can include images from anywhere in Missouri, featuring its beautiful natural resources, unique state parks, natural phenomena, outdoor recreation, scenic landscapes, weather, wildlife and people enjoying the outdoors.
The response this year was tremendous with 721 captivating entries from 203 photographers.
The winning photos can be viewed on the photo contest website at dnr.mo.gov/photo-contest and will be shared on the department’s social media platforms.
Natural Resources Category:
- First Place: "May Apples and Moth" by Michael E. Bell of Walker, Mo.
- Second Place: "Eagle Flyby" by Paul Smith of Chesterfield, Mo.
- Third Place: "Electric Sunset" by Tommy Davis of St. James, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: "May Apple Moment" by Dot Soldavini of Fair Play, Mo.
People Enjoying Missouri’s Outdoors Category:
- First Place: "Eerie Morning Paddle" by Jessica Yarbrough of St. Louis, Mo.
- Second Place: "One Last Cast" by Tommy Davis of St. James, Mo.
- Third Place: "Bass Thumb" by Garrett Sanders of Bentonville, Ark.
- Honorable Mention: “The Milky Way" by Anon Anderson of Loose Creek, Mo.
Unique Places Category:
- First Place: "Frost at Dillard Mill" by Andy Knoop of Columbia, Mo.
- Second Place: "Mina Sauk Falls" by Mark Tocco of Fenton, Mo.
- Third Place: "Katy Trail Fall Ride" by Kim Horgan of Prairie Village, Kan.
- Honorable Mention: “Inside Dillard Mill" by Sonja Brandt of Knob Noster, Mo.
Amateur photographers of all ages may enter the Missouri DNR Photo Contest hosted by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. The contest runs April 1 through Oct. 1.
For more information about the Missouri DNR Photo Contest, visit dnr.mo.gov/photo-contest or email email@example.com.