DERA Application Period is closed!
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications for the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) State Grants Program through Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021.
This is a cost-share program allowing both private and public entities to apply for DERA funding. The department matched the DERA grant with Volkswagen Trust funds earning a bonus resulting in $803,869 of project funding for state fiscal year 2021.
Projects must fall under one of the following Eligible Diesel Emission Reduction Solutions:
- Diesel Engine Retrofit Technologies
- Engine Upgrades and Remanufacture Systems
- Clean Fuels and Additives
- Idle Reduction Technologies
- Aerodynamic Technologies and Verified Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Engine Replacement
- Vehicle and Equipment Replacements
- Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion
Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following heavy-duty diesel types:
- Medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks
- Marine Engines
- Nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles used in:
- Handling of cargo (including at a port or airport)
- Energy production (including stationary generators and pumps)
General information about DERA.