DERA Application Period is closed!
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications for the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) State Grants Program through Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. We anticipate the next DERA application period in fall 2022.
This is a cost-share program allowing both private and public entities to apply for DERA funding. The department matched the DERA grant with Volkswagen Trust funds earning a bonus resulting in $803,869 of project funding for state fiscal year 2021.
Projects must fall under one of the following Eligible Diesel Emission Reduction Solutions:
- Diesel Engine Retrofit Technologies
- Engine Upgrades and Remanufacture Systems
- Clean Fuels and Additives
- Idle Reduction Technologies
- Aerodynamic Technologies and Verified Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Engine Replacement
- Vehicle and Equipment Replacements
- Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion
Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following heavy-duty diesel types:
- Medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks
- Marine Engines
- Nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles used in:
- Handling of cargo (including at a port or airport)
- Energy production (including stationary generators and pumps)
General information about DERA.
Fiscal Year 2022 Diesel Emission Reduction Act Option Awardee List
Fiscal Year 2021 Diesel Emission Reduction Act Option Awardee List
Fiscal Year 2020 Diesel Emission Reduction Act Option Awardee List
SAM II Input Form