FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 07, 2014
Boil water order issued for Taney County water system
A boil water order has been issued for a Taney County water system that experienced a drop in water pressure on Dec. 31.
The boil water order was issued to Taney County Water LLC-Venice, 111 S. Thurman, near Rockaway Beach in Taney County.
When water pressure is low, conditions exist which could allow contamination to enter the distribution system or household plumbing. When large areas of a system are involved the probability that contamination has occurred is high. The boil water order is in effect and will remain in effect until chlorine levels are restored and water sample results indicate that no contamination is present.
• Anyone served by the affected public water system should observe the following precautions:
• Boil water vigorously for three minutes prior to use for cooking or drinking.
• Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and remake with water that has been boiled.
• Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the cause of the contamination has been found and corrected.
• Water used for bathing does not need to be boiled.
• Let water cool sufficiently before drinking.