Temporary and Seasonal Employment
The department offers opportunities for temporary seasonal employment in our 91 state parks and historic sites.
- Temporary seasonal positions in state parks and historic sites assist the full time staff in the daily operation of the facility by performing a variety of maintenance and public information duties.
- Temporary seasonal laborer duties may include construction, maintenance and repair, landscaping, groundskeeping, refuse collection, cleaning, collecting fees and clerical duties.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age for these positions, unless otherwise noted; and, they must live within commuting distance of the park or historic site. To apply for a temporary seasonal position in a state park or historic site, please visit our Missouri State Parks' website.
Seasonal Employee Benefits
State park and historic site seasonal employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits. Benefit choices include:
- MOVLIC Universal Life Insurance – an optional life insurance that can be purchased at a group rate;
- Citistreet-deferred compensation incentive plan – an investment option that will defer taxes until time of retirement; and
- MOCAFE (Missouri State Employees’ Cafeteria Plan) – a plan that allows an employee to pay for certain medical benefits without being taxed on the expenditure.