Missouri Geologic Map Index
Geologic maps provide information for making real-world decisions. They are used in a variety of applications including industrial and commercial development siting; locating dams, bridges and waste disposal facilities; identifying water availability; and in land use planning, natural hazard evaluations and economic assessments of mineral and energy resources. Bedrock maps identify the rock units at ground surface. Surficial material maps characterize the type of sediment, weathered rock or transported, unconsolidated material lying on top of the rock units.
- Access maps using the Missouri Geologic Map Index
- What are geologic maps and how are they used?
- Missouri STATEMAP Geologic Mapping Project
- Purchase geologic maps by calling 573-578-2100 or visiting our sales desk at 111 Fairgrounds Road, Rolla
- Learn about Geologic Map Day and download geologic maps of Cape Girardeau, Crooked Creek Impact Structure, Branson, Kansas City, Lake Ozark, Poplar Bluff, Rolla and St. Louis