State Oil and Gas Council
Section 259.010 creates the eight member State Oil and Gas Council. The council adopts and amends rules and regulations pursuant to Chapter 259, RSMo, to govern the oil and gas industry in Missouri, to establish standards for well drilling or operation, underground storage of hydrocarbons, and the production of oil and/or gas, and to establish fees to administer the law.
The State Oil and Gas Council is composed of the director, or his or her appointee, of the following agencies:
- Missouri Department of Economic Development's Division of Commerce and Industrial Development
- Missouri Public Service Commission
- Clean Water Commission
- Missouri University of Science and Technology and
- A member from the Missouri Independent Oil and Gas Association
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Two other persons knowledgeable about the oil and gas industry are appointed to the council by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
When the requirements of 10 CSR 50-2.010 through 50-2.110 and chapters 259 RSMo have been complied with the authority to engage in oil and gas drilling or producing operations will be granted by the state geologist.
For more information about the State Oil and Gas Council or meetings, please contact the Missouri Geological Survey at 573-368-2100.
State Oil and Gas Council Members
- Joe Gillman, Chair, Missouri Geological Survey Director and State Geologist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla
- Shari Dunn-Norman, Ph.D., Vice-Chair, Professor, Petroleum Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- John Borgmeyer, Missouri Public Service Commission, Jefferson City
- Brad Kramer, Industry Member, Kansas Resources Exploration and Development LLC, Overland Park, KS.
- Michael Lanahan, Missouri Department of Economic Development, Jefferson City
- William J. Luebbert, Public Member, Jefferson City
- Chris Wieberg, Clean Water Commission Staff Director, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Jefferson City
- Vacant, Public Member
State Oil and Gas Council Meetings
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held beginning at 10 a.m.
- April 15, 2020, Lewis & Clark State Office Building, Jefferson City
Minutes taken at the Oil and Gas Council meetings are not verbatim records of the meeting. Consequently, the minutes are not intended to be recorded transcriptions.
Past Meeting Information
- January 8, 2020 - cancelled due to light agenda and lack of quorum
Laws and Regulations
Oil and Gas Production Statutes
Are you interested in serving on the State Oil and Gas Council or another department Board or Commission?
Department Boards and Commissions