Subsurface Investigations and Waste Management
- Petroleum-Contaminated Groundwater Investigations
- Responsible Party Investigations
- Litigation Technical Support
- Emergency Spill Response Assistance
- Other Geologic and Hydrologic Support
Staff geologists conduct special studies at hazardous waste sites in support of the department's mission. Some of these activities include the following geological and hydrogeological technical support functions:
- Perform preliminary site assessments in support of the (PASI) process of Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), commonly known as Superfund.
- Perform site inspections and technical support for CERCLA and Federal Facilities sites.
- Review Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies and Remedial Action documentation submitted to the department for geologic and hydrogeologic accuracy and provide recommendations for further investigations when necessary.
- Review (RCRA) Facility Investigations, Corrective Measure Studies, and Corrective Action documentation submitted to the department for geologic and hydrogeologic accuracy and provide recommendations for further investigations when necessary.
- Review RCRA Facility Operation and Maintenance documentation and perform on-site Operation and Maintenance inspections.
- Provide spill response support at the request of the Field Services Program.