Staff apply geologic and hydrologic information to the protection of Missouri citizens and the environment from wastes and hazardous materials.
- Environmental Assistance
- Staff conduct geological evaluations about wastewater treatment facilities and subdivisions in support of the department's Water Protection Program. Staff also provide technical assistance to the department's Solid Waste Management Program in the permitting and monitoring of landfills in Missouri.
- Guidance for Conducting and Reporting Detailed Geologic and Hydrologic Investigations at a Proposed Solid-Waste Disposal Area.
- Use the Geologic Evaluation Data Gateway Exchange (GeoEDGE) to request a new geohydrologic evaluation, search for a completed evaluation, or review the status of a submitted geohydrologic evaluation for residential housing developments and wastewater treatment facilities. GeoEDGE also can be used to request a preliminary site investigation for solid waste disposal areas and users can register as a water tracer.
- Subsurface Investigations and Waste Management
- Staff perform hydrogeologic site investigations to determine groundwater contamination sources at selected sites in support of the department's Hazardous Waste Program. Staff also provide technical assistance to the department's Hazardous Waste Program about the siting, monitoring and clean up of hazardous waste sites throughout the state.
Missouri Water Tracing Laboratory – Staff maintain the Missouri Water Tracing Laboratory and water tracing database that contains information and data relating to water traces performed in the state. Numerous water traces and water trace research projects are completed annually by staff who also provide technical assistance to industry and the public in conducting water traces.