Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant Information
Last updated Nov. 29, 2017
Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants Cycles
During the 2014 legislative session, the Missouri General Assembly renewed the 50-cent scrap tire fee collected on the sale of new tires. Revenues generated from the scrap tire fee are deposited into the Scrap Tire Subaccount of the Solid Waste Fund. These funds are then made available as follows:
- Up to 50 percent for enforcement, permitting and inspection
- Up to 45 percent for grants
- Up to 5 percent for education
Non-Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants were available for running tracks, walking trails, equine/livestock stalls/riding areas and other similar projects. Award recipients have been announced.
Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants are available for playground projects only. For additional information, see the information below.
Grant applicants will be notified of award and a Financial Assistance Agreement will need to be executed between the department and the grant recipient prior to any work being done on the project.
Gasification PowerPoint from Aries Clean Energy
- Gasification plant supplementing a waste water treatment plant -- waste to energy
2017 Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant notice, application forms and instructions
- Attachment I - This attachment consists of the general terms and conditions applicable to the Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant and the Non-Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant