Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant Information
Last updated May 15, 2018
Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants Cycles
During the 2014 legislative session, the Missouri General Assembly renewed the 50-cent scrap tire fee collected on the sale of new tires. Revenues generated from the scrap tire fee are deposited into the Scrap Tire Subaccount of the Solid Waste Fund. These funds are then made available as follows:
- Up to 50 percent for enforcement, permitting and inspection
- Up to 45 percent for grants
- Up to 5 percent for education
Non-Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants were available for running tracks, walking trails, equine/livestock stalls/riding areas and other similar projects. Award recipients have been announced.
Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grants are available for playground projects only. For additional information, see the information below.
Grant applicants will be notified of award and a Financial Assistance Agreement will need to be executed between the department and the grant recipient prior to any work being done on the project.
2018 Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant notice, application forms and instructions
- PUB 2425 Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant Application Instructions for Form 780-2143
- MO 780-2143 Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant Application Form
- PUB 2426 Non-Playground Scrap Tire Surface Material Grant Application Instructions for Form 780-2144
- MO 780-2144 Non-Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant Application Form
- Attachment I - This attachment consists of the general terms and conditions applicable to the Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant and the Non-Playground Scrap Tire Material Grant
Completed applications submitted via US Postal Service must be postmarked by Friday, June 1, 2018. Hand-delivered or online applications at https://modnr.force.com/ must arrive or be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018.