Missouri Brownfields Conferences
Updated Feb. 8, 2018
2017 Missouri Brownfields Conference
- Defining Brownfields
- Locating, Assessing and Identifying Costs Associated with Brownfields
- Area-Wide Brownfields Inventory
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments of Brownfield Properties
- What Do You Do After the Assessment?
- Financial and Technical Assistance Incentives for Brownfield Remediation
- The EIERA Revolving Loan Fund Supports Cleanup Activities for Contaminated Site
- Brownfield Tax Credits Presentation from Dept. of Economic Development
- Leveraging Resources: Funding Brownfields Redevelopment Projects Presentation from the city of Springfield
- Community Success Stories Presentation from Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB)
On July 11, 2016, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program hosted a conference from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
On July 13, 2015, the department's Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program hosted a conference from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The presentations will be available soon.
On June 23-24, 2014, the department's Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program hosted a conference from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The conference covered all things brownfields including a basic course on identifying brownfields in your community and identifying resources for assessing, remediating and redeveloping brownfield properties.
- The Basics of Brownfields– Catherine Jones
- Identifying Potentially Contaminated Sites-Dan Norris
- The Missouri Brownfields Program Phase I/II Environmental Assessments-Bobbie Pennington
- The Missouri Brownfields Program Voluntary Cleanup Program-Brian McCurren
- EPA Time, Talent, and Treasures for Community Redevelopmentand Brownfield Initiatives-Brad Eaton
- Successful Brownfield Redevelopment, Canton Missouri-Bill Smith
- Putting it all Together: Mixing, Matching and Leveraging Resources for Project Sucess-Brian Porter
- Missouri Economic Research and Information Center: Labor Market for Grant Writers-Glen Mieir
- TAB: Who We are and What We Do-Wendy Griswold
- Where to Find Funding/Technical Resources-Catherine Jones
- Collaboration and Conflict Resolution: Basics and Benefits-Shawn Grindstaff
- BVCP Area Wide Inventory-Christine O'Keefe
- Community Visioning Next Steps-Jennifer Morris and Brad Eaton
- Tips for Grant Writers-Catherine Jones
- Taking Flight and Buzzing with Life: Redevelopment at Chemical Commodities, Inc-Jennifer Morris
On June 11, 2013, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Brownfields / Voluntary Cleanup Program hosted a one-day conference covering all things brownfields including a basic course on identifying brownfields in your community and identifying resources for assessing, remediating and redeveloping brownfield properties.
- What is a Brownfield? Do I Have Any in My Community? – Catherine Jones
- Phase I and Phase II Site Assessments – Mike Washburn
- What Do We Mean When We Say VCP? – Brian McCurren
- Community Involvement, Strengthening Community Partnerships, and Leveraging Other Funding – Blase Leven and Oral Saulters
- EPA Assistance Comes in Many Forms ~ From Technical Assistance to Funding Sources! - Whitney Rawls
- Brownfield Redevelopment Assistance Opportunities – Catherine Jones
For more information call 573-526-8913.
Brownfield Redevelopment Assistance Opportunities – Catherine Jones
Basics of Brownfields – Desiree Pigford
BVCP Project Managers Help in Many Ways – Brian McCurren
Expecting the Unexpected at Brownfield Sites – Chris Cady, Ph.D.
What We Found and Where We Found it! – Scott Walker and Chris Cady, Ph.D.
Long-Term Stewardship in Missouri – Hannah Humphrey