Volkswagen Trust Funds - Transit and Shuttle Buses
For fiscal year 2019 (July 2018 through June 2019), the department will fund $1.75 million in transit and shuttle bus repower and replacement projects.
Implementation Guidelines: Transit and Shuttle Buses
The department will accept applications through Monday Dec. 31, 2018 at 5 p.m. CST.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years are 2009 and older.
- Eligible vehicles are Class 4-8 with gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Older engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive from 25% to 75% of the cost of the project, depending on repower or replacement, and government or nongovernment ownership.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant this round is $1 million.
Applications submitted through modnr.force.com