Volkswagen Trust Funds - School Buses
State Fiscal Year 2020 (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020)
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications Monday, March 2 through May 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. CDT. All school bus fleet owners could apply for the replacement of up to three buses on an application, plus as many as two more buses if applying for new alternative fuel or all-electric buses.
Program Requirements must be followed. Eligible school buses for replacement are:
- Diesel-powered, traditional yellow-style, type A-D, 1992-2009 engine model year, Class 4-8 with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Currently in service transporting students to and from school or school-related activities.
- Old school bus must be permanently disabled.
- Government entities may qualify to receive up to 80% cost share per project based on project details.
- Non-government entities may qualify to receive up to 25% cost share per project based on project details.
State Fiscal Year 2019 (July 2018 - June 2019)
The department funded school bus replacement projects for both financially disadvantaged schools and all other school districts. Please see information on awarded projects here.