Volkswagen Trust Funds - Government Trucks
The department will accept applications Thursday, Aug. 1 through Friday, Aug. 30, 2019 at 5 p.m. Qualifying applicants include government agencies in the counties of Clay, Jackson, Platte, Jefferson, Franklin, St. Charles, St. Louis City, and St. Louis County that own eligible trucks.
For the purposes of this category, “Government,” means a State or local government agency (including a school district, municipality, city, county, special district, transit district, joint powers authority, or port authority, owning fleets purchased with government funds), and a tribal government or native village.
Eligible projects include government-owned Class 4-8 vehicles with engine model years 2009 and older with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds. Selected applicants will receive up to 75% of the cost of a new repower engine or up to 50% of the cost of a new vehicle.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years 1992-2009.
- Eligible vehicles are Class 4-8 with gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Old engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive up to 75% of the cost of the new repower engine.
- May receive up to 50% of the cost of a new vehicle.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant is $1 million.
The list below shows applicants awarded under the Government Truck category. The list includes selected applicants receiving funding from February, 2019, to present.