Volkswagen Trust Funds - Government Trucks
The department will accept applications Thursday, Aug. 1, 2019 through Friday, Aug. 30, 2019 at 5 p.m. Qualifying applicants include government agencies that own eligible trucks.
For the purposes of this category, “Government,” means a State or local government agency (including a school district, municipality, city, county, special district, transit district, joint powers authority, or port authority, owning fleets purchased with government funds), and a tribal government or native village.
Eligible projects include government-owned Class 4-8 vehicles with engine model years 2009 and older with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds. Selected applicants will receive up to 75% of the cost of a new repower engine or up to 50% of the cost of a new vehicle.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years 1992-2009.
- Eligible vehicles are Class 4-8 with gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Old engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive up to 75% of the cost of the new repower engine.
- May receive up to 50% of the cost of a new vehicle.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant is $1 million.
The list below shows applicants awarded under the Government Truck category. The list includes selected applicants receiving funding from February, 2019, to present.