Volkswagen Trust - DERA Option
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications for the DERA State Grants Program from Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 through Friday, Jan. 15, 2021.
This is a cost-share program allowing both private and public entities to apply for Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) funding. The department matched the DERA grant with Volkswagen Trust funds earning a bonus resulting in $803,869 of project funding for state fiscal year 2021.
Projects must fall under one of the following Eligible Diesel Emission Reduction Solutions:
- Diesel Engine Retrofit Technologies.
- Engine Upgrades and Remanufacture Systems.
- Clean Fuels and Additives.
- Idle Reduction Technologies.
- Aerodynamic Technologies and Verified Low Rolling Resistance Tires.
- Engine Replacement.
- Vehicle and Equipment Replacements.
- Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion.
- Medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks.
- Marine Engines.
- Nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles used in
- Handling of cargo (including at a port or airport).
- Energy production (including stationary generators and pumps).
For general information about DERA, see https://dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/dera.htm.