Air Pollution Compliance/Regulatory Assistance
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources wants to help businesses, communities and industrial facilities better understand the requirements of their environmental regulations so throughout the department staff members provide technical assistance. Visit dnr.mo.gov/cav/compliance.htm to complete an online form requesting a compliance assistance visit from any of the department's technical programs.
Other department-wide resources include:
Compliance Assistance Provided by Air Program
Department employees provide assistance regarding air permits and related topics at work sites, via telephone or through email. They help facilities understand and complete documents required by the U.S. Clean Air Act and the Missouri Air Conservation Law. Think of it as a crash course called Air Pollution 101.
Together, you and the staff member decide what to cover. One such session may cover renewing permits, tracking air emissions and completing a company's toxic release inventory.
To request assistance, contact your regional office or one of the department personnel mentioned below.
Department of Natural Resources
Air Pollution Control Program
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Compliance Assistance and Small Businesses
Small businesses may not have staff members prepared to handle the requirements stipulated in air permits; therefore, many of the businesspeople who seek assistance either own or work for small businesses.
Missouri statutes define a small business as having one or more of the following attributes:
- Employs less than 100 people.
- Emits less than 50 tons of any regulated pollutant per year or less than 75 tons of all regulated pollutants.
- Does not have the potential to emit 10 tons per year of any hazardous air pollutant.
- Does not have the potential to emit 25 tons of any combination of hazardous air pollutants.
- Does not have the potential to emit 100 tons per year of an air contaminant with or without control devices.
- Meets other definitions as defined the Missouri Air Conservation Commission.
Resources for small businesses include:
Other Resources Offering Compliance Assistance
Dry cleaners webpage
- Email for submitting SAM, P70 and other reports:
Electronic copy is the same as a mailed hardcopy.
- Permit Assistant