Green Means Go for Your Vehicle
It's difficult to remember when to do what for a vehicle. That's why the department's Gateway Vehicle Inspection Program developed a tip sheet informing motorists when to change fuel filters, when to replace spark plugs and when to do a few dozen other chores for your vehicle. To access these tips, go to dnr.mo.gov/gatewayvip/docs/preventivemaintenance.pdf.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources provides the following information with no warranty. No endorsement is intended or implied.
If you need assistance interpreting material accessed via one of these links, contact the source.
- Car Care Council's 10-step fall checkup - Take care of your vehicle, and it will take care of you.
- EPA's carbon footprint calculator - Estimate your carbon footprint. Access information about transportation, waste and home energy.
- EPA's green vehicle guide - Use this guide to learn about the emissions and performance of vehicles.
- Guide to fuel economy - Are you looking for a new vehicle? Do you want to save money on maintaining your current vehicle? Read this guide from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Green guide to cars and trucks - Access this guide from the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy to go green on the road.
- Renewable fuel standard program
- Learn about this program from EPA.
- Sustainability Transport Magazine - Find out about transportation around the world. Access this magazine from the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy annual magazine.
Visit other environmental links for additional resources.