American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
Energize Missouri - Appliance Rebate Program
Appliance Rebates for Joplin Residents Affected by the May 2011 Tornado
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources offered ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates to Joplin area residents affected by the May 2011 tornado through the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program. Rebates of $250 were available for both ENERGY STAR® clothes washers and refrigerators. Appliances were provided on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Nov. 12, 2011, through Feb.1, 2012.
Consumers qualified for a rebate when they met all of the following conditions:
- Reside in Joplin and are 18 years of age or older.
- Purchase an appliance that is ENERGY STAR® rated and qualified.
- Provide proof of disaster assistance eligibility from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Own the property where the appliances will be installed.
- Purchase no more than one appliance per category per address up to a total rebate of $500.
- Purchases must be made from one of the following participating retailers:
- Green Yates Appliance, 808 E. 15th St. in Joplin.
- Home Depot, 3110 E. 20th St. in Joplin.
- Lowes, 2600 S. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
- Metro Appliances, 5571 N. Main St. in Joplin.
- Sears, 101 N. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program Background
The Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program was designed to help Missourians buy appliances at lower costs, reduce home utility expenses and benefit Missouri businesses by stimulating sales of energy efficient appliances. The Missouri Department of Natural Resources recieved more than $5.6 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to help citizens purchase ENERGY STAR® appliances. More than 35,000 Missourians have received rebates for ENERGY STAR® appliances through this program.
Missouri residents should also check with their utility providers for other rebates that may be available for energy efficient equipment and appliances. For general information on ENERGY STAR® rebate programs, and other programs being implemented in other states, visit one of the following links:
- Missouri Program Impact - State Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program
- Energy Savers -- Rebates for ENERGY STAR Appliances
- ENERGY STAR -- Appliance Rebate programs
- U.S. DOE -- Appliance Rebate programs
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency at NC State University
- Dept. of Economic Development Division of Energy Homepage
- Dept. of Economic Development Division of Energy Funding Opportunities
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Division of Energy
1101 Riverside Drive, P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0176
800-361-4827 or 573-751-3443