Major Water Use Online Registration Instructions for Existing Registrants
|Water Resources Center fact sheet||
|Water Resources Center Director: Andrea Collier||
- Existing major water users have access to previously reported data to simplify the registration process.
- A valid email address is required to register major water use with the Major Water Use Information System.
- To begin registering water use visit dnr.mo.gov/MWU/ and select continue.
- Select the major water user type that best describes your water use needs: Mine and Quarry, Irrigator or Non-Irrigator.
- Enter your email address.
- Select “yes” existing major water user. As an existing user you have a unique 8-digit major water user identification number, enter your identification number. If you have registered major water use previously but do not know your major water user identification number, contact the department for assistance or you will be denied access to your previously reported data. If you have never registered major water use and do not have a major water user identification number then you are considered a new major water user for the purposes of this registration system.
- Click on “Request Confirmation” button.
- If you enter an email address that is different than the address in the system you will be prompted for a 10-digit phone number. If the phone number matches the number in our system you will promptly receive a confirmation number at the email address provided.
- Retrieve the confirmation number and the 8-digit major water user identification number from your email account and enter the information in the appropriate fields. The confirmation number is a security precaution that validates the email address and is required to access the registration system. The confirmation number is valid for 90 days. Future access to the online system will require the same email address or same phone number and same major water user identification number. Contact a major water user administrator if email or phone number information needs to be updated.
- Enter the confirmation number and click on the “Register Water Use” button.
- Your contact information will be displayed and available to update. If any changes are made, click on the “Update Contact Information” button. “Update was successful,” will appear in the lower left portion of the screen.
- The last two years of registered water use will be available by clicking on the pencil. Previously registered water use is only available for review.
- To register water use for the current year click on the “Enter Water Use Info” button in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Select which month(s) water use occurred.
- Enter the number of days water was used and average daily amount of water used combining all wells or intakes. Select the appropriate units.
- Determine the category or categories that best describe your water use and enter the percentage used for each category.
- Click on “Save and Continue.” The following message will appear: “Update was successful but the form has not been submitted.”
- To register annual water use per well or intake click on “Edit” and enter the total annual water use per withdrawal point. Please review your well or intake data and make any necessary corrections.
- Click on “Save Well or Intake.” Annual water use totals are required for all withdrawal points. If registering water use for multiple wells or intakes, repeat steps 18 and 19 until all wells and intakes have annual water use registered. Note to ensure data is saved after entering well or intake data it is recommended to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Save and Continue” button after entering data for each well or intake. “Update was successful but the form has not been submitted,” should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- If you are an irrigator your screen will have crop data displayed. Select the “Edit” button and the pencil symbol to change crop and acreage data. Be sure to select “Save Well or Intake” button when finished.
- Click on “Save and Continue.” If you want to save the data but are not ready to submit the record click on close. The data will be saved and can be accessed by going through the steps listed at the top of the page.
- If the form is complete click on the “Submit” button. You will receive a message reminding you once you submit the record you will not be able to edit it. If you are ready to submit the data as it is click ok. After the form is submitted the following message will display, “Update and form submission was successful.” Again the record can be accessed by repeating the steps above, but unable to edit the record. If an edit is necessary please contact a major water user administrator.