Small Business Compliance Advisory Committee
|Air Pollution Control Program fact sheet||
|Division of Environmental Quality Director: Leanne Tippett Mosby||
Number of Members
Number of Members Appointed by the Governor
Is Senate Confirmation Required?
One member shall be appointed by the director of the department, two members shall be appointed by the governor to represent the public and four owners of small businesses regulated under 643, RSMo shall be appointed by the general assembly, one each appointed by the majority and minority leaders of each chamber of the general assembly.
None stated. Will be determined by appointing parties.
The members shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their duties while in attendance at committee meetings.
Responsibilities of the Commission/Members
- Receive reports from the ombudsman pursuant to section 643.175, RSMo
- Evaluate the impact of the Missouri Air Conservation Law, sections 643.010 to 643.190, RSMo, and the rules promulgated thereunder on small business
- Review and assess the impact of enforcement policies on small business operations in Missouri
- Recommend to the department, the commission and the general assembly, as appropriate, changes in procedure, in rules or in the law which would facilitate small business compliance with sections 643.010 to 643.190, RSMo
- Recommend to the commission rules establishing an expedited review of modifications for small businesses
- Conduct hearings, determine facts and make investigations consistent with the purposes of 643.173, RSMo
The SBCAC is responsible for performing each of these functions for all of the environmental
statutes and programs.
Staff Contact – Name, Address, Phone Number
Missouri Department of Natural Resources,
Air Pollution Control Program,
P.O. Box 176,
Jefferson City, MO 65102
AGO Contact – Name, Address, Phone Number
Frequency of Meetings and Locations
Meetings are held every two to three months.
Time Expended by Commissioners for Meetings and Preparation Thereof
Seven to eight hours.
Requirements for Inclusion of Items on Agenda
Agenda items need to be provided to Staff Contact approximately four weeks prior to next scheduled meeting.
Public Comment Opportunities at Meetings
The public is welcome to participate in meeting discussions.
For more information contact
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0176
800-361-4827 or 573-751-4817