Permits and Permit Public Notices
If you are seeking an environmental permit, registration or certification for your business, school, community or activity, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources' Permit Assistant can help! This tool is designed to help users determine what type of environmental permits they need and provide the forms to apply for these permits. This easy-to-use tool will ask you a few simple questions to determine your needs.
The department's Community Assistance helps local govrnments easily access assistance and resources to make informed, common-sense decisions about environmental protection for their community.
The following is a list of pending and approved permits required from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. This list also includes Permits on Public Notice, Applications, Licenses, Registrations, Operators or Certification received or being reviewed by the department. Call 800-361-4827 if you are looking for a permit that may not be listed below. We also offer online forms and manuals.
Air Pollution Control
- Air Permits
- Air Pollution Draft Permits on Public Notices
- Asbestos Occupational Certification Lists
- Pending Projects
- Completed Projects
Drilling and Pump Installation
- Permitted Contractors
- Certified and Noncertified wells
- Water Wells
- Monitoring Wells
- Heat Pump Wells
- Mineral Test Holes
- Geo-Technical Borings
- Soil Borings
- Active Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Hazardous Waste Permits, Orders and Agreements
- Hazardous Waste Transporter License - MoDOT
- Licensed Hazardous and Infectious Waste Transporter List
- Hazardous Waste Permits (Resource Recovery, and Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facilities)
- Hazardous Waste Permit Public Notices
Oil and Gas
- Status of Permit Applications
- Demolition, Utility Waste and Special Waste Landfills
- Infectious Waste Facilities, Material Recovery Facilities, Solid Waste Incinerators and Composting Facilities
- Licensed Infectious Waste Transporters in Missouri
- Missouri Scrap Tire Processing Facilities
- Permitted Scrap Tire Haulers
- Report of Proposed Disposal Area Site Investigations - Sorted by County
- Sanitary Landfills
- Scrap Tire End Users
- Status of Proposed Disposal Area Site Investigations
- Transfer Stations
- Backflow Prevention
- Issued Site Specific Permits
- CAFO, General, Stormwater and Other Water Permits
Includes links to final Confined Animal Feeding Operation permits, final Site Specific permits, general permits and Stormwater permits.
- Certified Laboratories
- Operator Certification Search
- Stormwater Permits
- Wastewater Treatment Systems in Missouri
- Water Pollution Permit Public Notices
Feel free to view our online Rules in Development information.
For those interested in attending and submitting comments for public notices at any of our meetings, visit our Online Calendar.