News Release 204
Historic Preservation Council to consider nominations for National Register Nov. 8
For more information: 573-751-1010 or email
Volume 41-204 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 24, 2013
Jefferson City, Mo. - The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation will consider nominations to the National Register of Historic Places during its quarterly meeting on Friday, Nov. 8 in Jefferson City.
The meeting, which is open to the public, will begin at 9 a.m. in the LaCharrette conference room of the Lewis and Clark State Office Building located at 1101 Riverside Drive.
Twelve nominations are scheduled to be considered for listing in the National Register. Properties on the agenda include historic commercial and residential properties and districts. Approximately 55 historic buildings are represented in the nominations. The nominated properties are listed below:
• Sojourners Club, 211 South Elson St., Kirksville, Adair County
• Laughlin, Drs. George & Blanche, House, 706 South Halliburton St., Kirksville, Adair County
• St. James AME Church, 516 North Street, Cape Girardeau, Cape Girardeau County
• Neely Elementary School, 1909 South 12th St., St. Joseph, Buchanan County
• Elms Historic District, Elms Blvd, et al. Excelsior Springs, Clay County (Historic Resources of Excelsior Springs, Missouri MPDF)
• Beckley-Ralston Company, 3306-3314 Washington Ave., St. Louis City, (Historic Auto-Related Resources of St. Louis, Missouri MPDF)
• Kellerman Motor Car Company, 3318-3322 Washington Ave., St. Louis City, (Historic Auto-Related Resources of St. Louis, Missouri MPDF)
• Lincoln High School, 2111 Woodland Ave., Kansas City, Jackson County (Historic Resources of the Kansas City Missouri School District Pre-1970)
• Hamiltonian Federal Savings & Loan Association, 3150 S. Grand Blvd., St. Louis City
• Norman School, 3514 Jefferson St., Kansas City, Jackson County (Historic Resources of the Kansas City Missouri School District Pre-1970)
• Rainey Funeral Home, 242 E Washington St., Marshfield, Webster County
• Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church, NW corner of intersection of Cedron Rd & Zey Lane, Jamestown vic., Moniteau County (Rural Church Architecture of Missouri, c. 1819 to c. 1945 MPDF)
In addition to nominations to the National Register of Historic Places, the council will receive status reports on programs provided by the State Historic Preservation Office, and discuss business related to its own function and duties.
The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation is a 12-member group of historians, architects, archaeologists and citizens with an interest in historic preservation. The council is appointed by the governor and works with the Department of Natural Resources' State Historic Preservation Office, which administers the National Register of Historic Places program for Missouri. The council meets quarterly to review Missouri property nominations to the National Register, the nation's honor roll of historic properties. Approved nominations are forwarded to the Keeper of the National Register in Washington, D.C., for final approval.