FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 20, 2020
Department of Natural Resources hosting six free pesticide pickups in 2020
JEFFERSON CITY, MO, April 20, 2020 - The Missouri Department of Natural Resources will provide six free pesticide collection events in 2020:
- June 13 – Northeast Missouri Fairgrounds, 2700 E. Illinois St., Kirksville
- Aug. 1 – MFA Agri Services, 226 N. Walker St., Montgomery City
- Aug. 29 – University of Missouri - Hundley-Whaley Research Center, 1109 S. Birch St., Albany
- Sept. 19 – Heritage Tractor, 3285 N. US Hwy. 63, West Plains
- Oct. 10 – Farmers Elevator and Supply Co., 511 S. Center St., Clinton
- Oct. 24 – Greenway Equipment, 20919 State Hwy. 114, Dexter
The first two collection events, originally scheduled for April 11 in West Plains and May 16 in Dexter, were postponed to help limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
The collections are open to all Missouri farmers and households.
- Unwanted pesticides
- Fly tags
- Fertilizers containing pesticide
- Fire extinguishers
- Yard waste
Pesticides from businesses, pesticide production facilities, pesticide distributors, pesticide retailers
More information about the Missouri Pesticide Collection Program is available online at dnr.mo.gov/env/hwp/pesticide.