Temporary and Seasonal Employment
General Positions within the Department of Natural Resources
The Department of Natural Resources provides opportunities for temporary employment with the department. Types of temporary work would include general office and clerical work or professional and technical work. Most often employment is of a part-time or seasonal nature. For example, we often hire staff to work on special projects or summer employment.
Return completed applications to:
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Human Resources Program
PO Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0176
or by email to email@example.com
Temporary and Seasonal Employment with Missouri State Parks
In addition to the general department positions mentioned above, we also offer opportunities for temporary seasonal employment in our 87 state parks and historic sites. Including:
- Temporary seasonal positions in state parks and historic sites assist the full time staff in the daily operation of the facility by performing a variety of maintenance and public information duties.
- Temporary seasonal laborer duties may include construction, maintenance and repair, landscaping, groundskeeping, refuse collection, cleaning, collecting fees and clerical duties.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age for these positions, unless otherwise noted; and, they must live within commuting distance of the park or historic site. To apply for a temporary seasonal position in a state park or historic site, please complete the application linked above; however, return the completed application directly to the park or historic site where you would like to work.
- Applicants interested in seasonal naturalist and interpreter opportunities should be completing their freshman year of college majoring in the fields of cultural history, natural history, or recreation, or should be individuals who have completed degree requirements. For seasonal information please read more http://mostateparks.com/page/55061/employment-opportunities#show
Seasonal Employee Benefits
State park and historic site seasonal employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits. Benefit choices include:
- MOVLIC Universal Life Insurance – an optional life insurance that can be purchased at a group rate;
- Citistreet-deferred compensation incentive plan – an investment option that will defer taxes until time of retirement; and
- MOCAFE (Missouri State Employees’ Cafeteria Plan) – a plan that allows an employee to pay for certain medical benefits without being taxed on the expenditure.