Caves in Missouri
Missouri is home to more than 7,000 caves, making us second to only Tennessee. If you are interested in learning more about caves, going on a tour, or going spelunking, follow the links below.
GeoSTRAT – Locate cave density throughout Missouri using this online tool.
- Missouri – The Cave State – Fact Sheet PUB664
- Top Spots to Take a Cave Tour – Missouri Resources magazine article about caves to visit.
- Where Does the Water Go and how do we know? – Missouri Resources magazine article featuring research in a spectacular mile-long collapsed cave system in Grand Gulf State Park.
- Dark Wonders – Missouri Resources magazine article about karst, caves and springs in Missouri.
- Meramec Valley Grotto – St. Louis, Mo.
- Middle Mississippi Valley Grotto – St. Louis, Mo.
- Kansas City Area Grotto – Kansas City, Mo.
- Pony Express Grotto – St. Joseph, Mo.
- Chouteau Grotto – Columbia, Mo.
- MSM Spelunker’s Grotto – Rolla, Mo.
- Branson Area Tri-Lakes Grotto – Branson, Mo.
- Lake Ozarks Grotto – Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.
- SEMO Grotto – Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Ozark Highlands Grotto – Springfield, Mo.
- Heart of the Ozarks Grotto – Springfield, Mo.
- Springfield Plateau Grotto – Springfield, Mo.
- Little Egypt Grotto – Carbondale, Ill.
- Windy City Grotto – Chicago, Ill.
- Boston Mountain Grotto – Northwest Ark.
- Ozark Cave Diving Alliance – Missouri and Arkansas
Missouri State Parks - Cave Tours
Missouri State Parks - Wild Cave Tours
Missouri State Parks with Caves On-Site
- Meramec State Park
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park
- Grand Gulf State Park
- Onondaga Cave State Park
- Roaring River State Park
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park
- Graham Cave State Park