Well Installation Board
Section 256.605 creates the nine member Well Installation Board. The board adopts and amends rules and regulations pursuant to Chapter 536, RSMo, to govern the regulation of the well, heat pump, monitoring well, and pump installation industry in Missouri, to establish standards that will protect Missouri's groundwater, and to establish fees to administer the law.
Two of the members must have a well installation contractor permit, one must have both a heat pump installation contractor and a well installation contractor permit, and one must have a monitoring well installation contractor permit. Four shall be public members; one shall be a public water supply district user; and one shall be a private well user. The director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources or his/her designee shall serve as the ninth member. Members are appointed to the board by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
For more information about the Well Installation Board or meetings, please contact the board secretary at 573-368-2143.
Well Installation Board Members
- Danny Flynn, Board Chairman, Well Installation Contractor 2, Troy
- Fred Schoen, Board Vice Chairman, Heat Pump Installation and Well Installation Contractor, Monett
- Robert Broz, Public Member 2, Columbia
- Joe Gillman, Missouri Geological Survey Director and State Geologist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla
- Robert Lawrence, Well Installation Contractor 1, Steele
- M. Sharlene Morgan, Public Member 1, Rolla
- Annetta St. Clair, Private Well User, Joplin
- Vacant, Public Water Supply User
- Vacant, Monitoring Well Installation Contractor and Well Installation Contractor
Well Installation Board Meetings
- Mon., Feb. 15, 2016, 10 a.m.
Salon B Room
494 Tan Tar A Drive
Osage Beach, Mo
(in conjunction with the Missouri Water Well Association convention)
Tentative Future Meetings:
- May 6, 2016 - Missouri Geological Survey, Rolla
- Aug. 5, 2016 - Missouri Geological Survey, Rolla
- Nov. 4, 2016 - Missouri Geological Survey, Rolla
Minutes taken at the Well Installation Board meetings are not verbatim records of the meeting. Consequently, the minutes are not intended to be recorded transcriptions.
Past Meeting Information
- Coming Soon...
- Fri., Nov. 6, 2015, 10 a.m. Meeting was cancelled due to a light agenda.
- Fri., Aug. 28, 2015
Agenda |Joint Water Committee’s Missouri Water Plan letter (attachment to minutes) | Section and Fund Updates Presentation
- May 21, 2015
Agenda | Minutes | Rulemaking Strategy | High Yield Well Fee Briefing
- Feb. 23, 2015
Agenda | Minutes | Missouri One Call Presentation | Pump Test for Public Wells Presentation | 4th Qtr Updates, Lawrence County Groundwater Study and SA2 Map Updates Presentation
- Nov. 21, 2014
Agenda | Minutes
- Oct. 1, 2014
Joint commission meeting with Clean Water Commission, Safe Drinking Water Commission and Soil and Water Districts Commission
Agenda | Joint Meeting Powerpoint Presentation | Department Organizational Chart | Commission Member Lists and Fact Sheets
Draft Background Summary on Sac River Watershed
Video Part One | Part Two
- Aug. 22, 2014
Agenda | Minutes | Section Update | Rule Update | Fee Structure Update | Plugging Rule Stakeholder Consensus | DX Geoexchange Systems Presentation Briefing | Cost Share Program Presentation | Missouri Water Well Association Presentation Briefing (submitted by the MWWA)
- May 2, 2014
Agenda | Minutes | Rulemaking Strategy | Rule Update
- Feb. 24, 2014
Agenda | Minutes
To contact the Wellhead Protection Section call 573-368-2165 or email.
Are you interested in serving on the Well Installation Board or another DNR Board or Commission?
Department Boards and Commissions
A listing of all Department events and meetings along with the dates, times and locations is available on the DNR online calendar.