State Oil and Gas Council
Oil was discovered in Missouri shortly after the Civil War when water wells were being drilled near Kansas City. Missouri has seen a marked increase in the production of oil in the last several years. Read more....
The State Oil and Gas Council publishes rules and regulations that apply to oil and gas drilling and producing operations to foster and promote orderly and economic development, production and use of natural resources of oil and gas.
The State Oil and Gas Council is composed of the director, or his or her appointee, of the following agencies:
- Missouri Department of Economic Development' Division of Commerce and Industrial Development
- Missouri Public Service Commission
- Clean Water Commission
- the Missouri University of Science and Technology and
- a member from the Missouri Independent Oil and Gas Association.
Two other persons knowledgeable about the oil and gas industry are appointed to the council by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
When the requirements of 10 CSR 50-2.010 through 50-2.110 and chapters 259 RSMo have been complied with the authority to engage in oil and gas drilling or producing operations will be granted by the state geologist.
State Oil and Gas Council Members
- John Madras, Council Chairman and Director, Clean Water Commission, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Jefferson City
- Shari Dunn-Norman, Ph.D., Council Vice Chairwoman and Professor, Petroleum Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- David Bleakley, Industry Member, Colt Energy, Fairway, Kan.
- Joe Gillman, Missouri Geological Survey Director and State Geologist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla
- Robert S. Kenney, Chairman, Missouri Public Service Commission, Jefferson City
- William J. Luebbert, Public Member, Jefferson City
- Bill L. Ransdall, Specialist, Community Planning and Development, Missouri Department of Economic Development, Jefferson City
- Vacant, Public Member
For more information about the State Oil and Gas Council or meetings, please contact the council secretary at 573-368-2143.
Are you interested in serving on the State Oil and Gas Council or another DNR Board or Commission?
State Oil and Gas Council Meetings
Wed., April. 15, 2015, at 10 a.m.
Lewis and Clark State Office Building
Gasconade Camp Conference Room
1101 Riverside Drive
Jefferson City, Mo.
- July 15, 2015 Missouri Geological Survey, Rolla, Mo.
- October 21, 2015 Kansas City Regional Office, Kansas City, Mo.
Laws, Regulations and Council Orders
Oil and Gas Production Statutes
Oil and Gas Council Orders
- Order No. OGC-2007-001 (Kerns 2-7-07)
- Order No. OGC-2011-001 (LaQuinta 1-5-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-002 (Palo Petroleum 1-5-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-003 (Colt 4-19-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-004 (Colt 7-12-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-005 (AltaVista 7-12-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-006 (Colt 10-19-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-007 (IGWT 10-19-11)
- Order No. OGC-2011-008 (Running Foxes 10-19-11)
- Order No. OGC-2012-001 (Kansas Resource Exploration 1-17-12)
- Order No. OGC-2012-002 (Laclede Gas Company 1-17-12)
- Order No. OGC-2013-001 (effective 4-17-13)
- Clark-Miller Oil Pool Boundary Map (as established by State Oil and Gas Council Order No. OGC-2013-001)