Geological Survey Program
Industrial Minerals Advisory Council
The Industrial Minerals Advisory Council has been created to provide the department director with advice and counsel on the administration of the Geologic Resources Fund, work products to support the industrial mineral operators and all other matters brought before the council by the Department of Natural Resources Director. The membership of the Industrial Minerals Advisory Council is appointed by the Director of the Department of Natural Resources and is composed of representatives from the limestone, clay, sandstone, barite, granite, and sand and gravel producing community. The Director of Missouri Department of Transportation shall also designate one member of the council. Members may be reappointed.
The Industrial Minerals Advisory Council is authorized by statute 256.710 RSMo.
The council meets at least once a year but may convene as needed.
For more information about the Industrial Minerals Advisory Council or meetings, please contact the council secretary at 573-368-2143.
Industrial Mineral Advisory Council Members
- Joe Gillman, Council Chairman, Missouri Geological Survey Director and State Geologist, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla
- David Ahlvers, Missouri Department of Transportation, State Construction and Materials Engineer, Jefferson City
- Mikel Carlson, Limestone, Gredell Engineering Resources Inc. Jefferson City
- David Keller, Clay, Harbison Walker Refractories, Fulton
- Vacant, Sandstone
- Diane Tucker, Limestone, APAC, Clinton
- Chris Upp, Limestone, Conco Quarries Inc. Willard
- Ryan Winter, Sand and Gravel, Winter Brothers Materials, St. Louis
- Vacant, Barite
- Vacant, Granite
|Industrial Mineral Advisory Council Meetings|
|Next Meeting Date||Location|
Dec. 4, 2014 12 p.m.
Portions of the meeting may be closed pursuant to Section 610.021 (1), (3), (13), and (14), RSMo.
Any questions should be directed to:
Previous Meeting Minutes
Websites about Missouri Stone Quarries
Are you interested in serving on a Board or a Commission? View the form.