Water Protection Program
Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Little Osage River
Approved June 10, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Little Osage River, WBID 3652, Vernon County.
- Low dissolved oxygen.
To address the listed pollutants, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Little Osage River TMDL.
- Little Osage River TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they spell out how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments and responses - The department received one comment letter and two email comments during the public notice period, which was from Nov. 13 to Dec. 28, 2009.
Note: Comments were received from EPA after submittal. Those comments were addressed prior to approval.