Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Approved March 3, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Buffalo Ditch, WBID 3118, Dunklin County.
- Low dissolved oxygen.
To address the listed pollutant, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Biochemical oxygen demand.
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Buffalo Ditch TMDL.
- Buffalo Ditch TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments and responses - The department received one comment letter during the public notice period, which was from Oct. 2 to Dec. 28, 2009.
Note: Comments were received from EPA after submittal. Those comments were addressed prior to approval.