Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL, Water Body Record
Approved Jan. 12, 2001
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Saline Creek, WBID 2189, formerly WBID 2190, in Jefferson County.
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand.
To address the listed pollutants:
- Discharge from the two watewater treatment plants causing the impairment will be "removed" from the creek, either by piping it to the Meramec River or to a regional treatment facility.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Saline Creek TMDL.
- Saline Creek TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments and responses - The department received 4 comment letters during the public notice period, which was from Oct. 27 to Nov, 26, 2000.