Water Protection Program
Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Spring Creek, formerly Spring Branch
Approved Oct. 20, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Spring Creek, WBID 1870, formerly Spring Branch, in Dent County.
- Low dissolved oxygen.
- Organic sediment.
To address the listed pollutants, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Carbonaceous biochemical oxygen demand.
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Spring Creek TMDL.
- Spring Creek TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments and responses - The department received 3 comment letters during two public notice periods, which were from April 7 to May 7, 2009, and May 14 to June 28, 2010.
- Comments were received from EPA after submittal. Those comments were addressed prior to approval.